Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Longmont Quilt Guild

It is hard moving to a new place and hard trying to get to know new people. I always knew that the first thing I would do is join a quilt guild which I did. It is a nice group but not the same as the Raincross Quilt Guild I belonged to in Riverside CA. This guild is very active, has speakers every month and does a quilt show each year. I joined just one month before their show and was able to enter 3 of my quilts. It turned out to be a great way to get to know people. Several of the ladies commented on my quilts which was so nice. I was also invited to join a small "art quilt" group which meets once a month. I have not been able to join them yet but hopefully in the new year. In the mean time I was asked to be a member of the "program committee" which I have said yes to. This committee plans all the programs, speakers and classes for the year. I am very happy to be asked and the first committee meeting is next week. One of the present committee members lives very close to us and has even offered to pick me up and bring me home after the meeting. Also, I ran into one of the other guild members at Walmart a few weeks ago and we chatted up a storm. Such a great way to meet people!

No comments:

Post a Comment