Saturday, March 2, 2013

Road to California

 We had a wonderful trip to California in January. The only bummer was that it rained the first couple of days...just when we thought we were going to get some nice weather. My favorite thing was attending the Road to California Quilt Show. The picture above is me with my friend Debbie Warner, sister-in-law Karen Dunivent and my mom with the quilts we started at a class we took together. It was SO much fun being together and sharing our love of quilting!
 My other favorite thing was being in San Diego for a Thompson family get-together. It was wonderful being in Colleen and Skips home again with 6 of the Thompson siblings.
 Here I am enjoying the sunshine at my brother-in-law's John's house where we spent 2 nights. Other highlights of the trip were getting to see our friends Donna and Ed's new beach house and spending a night with them. We had dinner with friends Shawn and Jane at their new home in Cota de Casa--what a great place! We had breakfast with our old neighbors Stan, Margaret and Miriam Marlow. It was strange seeing our old house where we lived for 30 years. It made us miss our neighbors but not our house. We also got to spend a night with Debbie and Gary Warner and Debbie and I even did some sewing together. Thank you to everyone who shared their homes and hospitality and even took time off work to spend time with us.
Even though we had such a great time, heading back to Colorado felt right. The drive back was beautiful and it was fun seeing the ski resorts in full operation and the parking lots packed. Below is the alcohol loot we came home with thanks to stops at Costco, gifts from the Warner's and a 2-buck Chuck that mom left behind and we ended up with.

2 comments:

  1. Those are lovely blocks you gals made. Glad you had such a nice vacation. It's nice to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie! Right now I am working on a small wall quilt made from BOM blocks I won 2 years ago at Raincross QG. I can't wait to finish it so I can post it. I am going a quilt retreat this coming weekend so should get it finished!

      Delete