Sunday, September 11, 2011

Caribou Classic Mountain Bike Ride

Looking good before the ride.
Lined up and ready to go.
What a beautiful place to start a ride!
Pedaling on the double track.
After 37 miles and 6 hours, 28 minutes he's still looking good!
This was a ride put on by the Boulder Mountain Bike Alliance and the first ever Caribou Classic. Dennis was not very prepared to ride this many miles especially at 8000 ft but he did it anyway. It was a beautiful day in the beautiful Colorado mountains. The ride started on the private property of Caribou Ranch which was an incredible place to see. This place has quite a history which I will tell you more about in my next blog. I did not do the "ride" but I had a great day riding around the area and meeting some interesting people. I also had the thrill of seeing a heard of elk running through a pasture and right across from where we were parked. It was a sight I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment