Saturday, January 14, 2012

Lucky Friday the Thirteenth

I decided last weekend to start applying for jobs since I was so unhappy with the TurboTax job. I only had Saturday off and tons to do but I applied for two jobs. I got a call from one of them on Monday. I went for an interview Wednesday morning with the Vice President of the company, another interview on Thursday with the manager at the office where I would be working and another interview on Friday with the company owners. On Friday afternoon I was offered the position!! I immediately accepted and called my supervisor at Turbotax and resigned. I am VERY excited and a little nervous but I start Monday morning---yeah!!!

So...my title will be "transaction coordinator" and it is with a independent real estate firm called Wright Kingdom Real Estate. Their main office is in Boulder but they also have a smaller office here in Longmont where I will be working. It is only 15 minutes away and my hours will be M-F 8:30am to 5:30pm--perfect! I will be assisting the agents at the office to complete their listings on MLS, doing Comparative Cost Analysis's for them and entering all their other information electronically and keeping track of their paperwork and making sure they get everthing done on time. I will also assist the agents with making brochures for advertising. I will need to learn how to use "Publisher" which I am going to start studying this weekend. I am VERY excited about the job. It sounds interesting to me, I will get to work with people face to face and also do independent work. I am impressed with the company and the salary and benefits are great. Thank you, Lord!

Dennis and I went out to the "ice races" last night to celebrate. It was held in an indoor ice-hockey arena in Loveland. It was fun to see motorcycles and quads racing on ice. They had spikes in their tires and they went amazingly fast. They had a couple of armature divisions where the riders had limited or no spikes. Those guys had a hard time getting traction and there was a lot of spinning in circles. It was a very fun evening!

Tonight we are going over to Rena and Nathans to here all about their trip to Europe. Tomorrow we are going to take the boys swimming at the new gym we belong to. Next weekend we will start looking at houses. Things are starting to look up. I hope this blog entry is better for you, ED! Thanks to everyone for your love and support and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment