Thursday, October 6, 2011

Jobs, Anniversary, Friends

Dennis and I are continuing to look for jobs without much luck. I had a lead on a job that I was very excited about but it did not work out. It was with a family friend's company in Denver and it would have involved a lot of driving. It was only a 4 day a week job but the commute would have been up to 1.5 hours each way. Because she is a friend I let her know that I might not be able to stay at the job for more than a few months. It turned out she wanted a 1 year commitment which I was not comfortable with. It was one of the most difficult decisions I have ever made (besides moving to Colorado). So, I am on the job hunt again. Dennis has put in a couple of applications also but has not gotten any bites. He is still looking into businesses and we will be meeting with our son-in-law next week with some franchise opportunities to look at.




Yesterday was our 37th wedding anniversary!!! Wow, it has been quite a ride! We had a nice day and a very nice dinner at Red Lobster. We have been so blessed and we thank God every day for each other. The kids gave us a certificate for a night at a condo in Steam Boat Springs!!! We can't wait to use it!




We are VERY excited that our dear friends Donna and Ed Farnum are coming to visit us tomorrow. They will be our first visitors in our new home. The weather has taken a bit of a turn and it is cold and windy tonight. We are kind of bummed about it but I was just thinking that it would be really cool if the Farnum's were here for our first snow!




Sorry for no pictures this time. Love and blessing to all, Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment