Friday, October 28, 2011

Job Stuff

Dennis decided to turn down the position with Little Debbie's. He spent a lot of time doing his due diligence and decided that the route did not have enough potential to earn the income he was looking for. If he thought it had more potential he would have been very willing to get up at 4am again and do route work. It is something that he knows and would be good at. Some other negatives were no vacations and possibly working on weekends. Besides that we were both concerned about the physical aspect of the job and the wear and tear it would do to his knees. So it's back to square one....

As for me, there is a possibility in the works. I applied for a "customer service/receptionist position at a on-line fabric warehouse! It is an amazing story because my mom and I had just gotten back from lunch with a friend of hers who lives here in Longmont. When we were at this lady's house mom mentioned that I was looking for work and she mentioned checking at "equilter" because they are a big employer in Boulder. Well, when we got home I was looking at the Craig's list job postings and there was an ad for the job at equilter. It fit me exactly! Plus, I had just re-vamped my resume that morning thanks to a friend of Rena's who works in HR. I sent my resume off right away and then we left to go see Carsten and Grant when they got out of school. When we got back there was a message on our phone from someone at equilter. The message had been left 10 minutes after I sent my application!!! I called back and was given a phone interview. I went for a "live" interview Wednesday and it went well but I still have to interview with the head of the department next week. In the mean time I am still applying for other jobs in case this one does not work out. It is not a great paying job but it would be something and it is only a 20 minute drive and is in a field that I love. More later.......

No comments:

Post a Comment